Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Updates

We have been SO SO busy! I wanted to apologize for not staying up to date on the blog. We will catch everyone up soon. The students have told me that some parents are asking about where are the blog posts. I'm glad to hear that because I know that people are actually visiting and reading the posts. I promise you that they will come. You will have a number of updates by tomorrow night. 

However, I'm not going to post without any giving you all a little information. On Tuesday, we started our service portion of the program. One group went to paint a mini-barn for a local Greencastle family, while the other group went to the Nature Park and pulled weeds in a pond. From what I've heard it was quite the experience and many came back extremely dirty. Tomorrow, we are going to continue doing service for another family in Greencastle and also at Hope's Horse Haven in Bainbridge. The students took their first test on Tuesday and they will most likely get those tests back tomorrow. Also, on Monday, there was a scavenger hunt that helped everyone to get to know the campus. At each place, there was some kind of obstacle that usually required everyone working together. I think it went well. This group definitely does not have a lack of competition. 

Well, look forward to updated posts. I hope everyone is enjoying the blog. Please enjoy some pictures from the past few days. 

PS... Be sure to ask your son or daughter about the water balloon toss and activities with eggs that took place on Sunday.